Superfoods are nutrient powerhouses that contain large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, enzymes, protein, fats, amino acids, fibers and minerals which can have numerous healthful benefits. They are considered to be the medicine of the future. These are the foods that are high in anti-oxidants fight free radicals in the body. What does it mean? First let’s explain what free radicals are. They are organic molecules responsible for aging, tissue damage, and diseases. These molecules are free floating and very unstable, therefore they look to bond with other vibrant molecules, destroying their health and further continuing the damaging process of the body. When a cell's DNA changes, the cell becomes mutated. It grows abnormally and reproduces abnormally. We want to keep our body’s environment balanced and protected.
What should we do in order to minimize the process of oxidation and free radicals under control?
A good way to stop the free radicals is to feed your body with antioxidants. They are chemicals (both naturally occurring and man-made) that can prevent or slow cell damage. An “antioxidant” is actually not a substance, it’s a behavior that counteracts free radicals .
What superfoods contain Antioxidants?
Natural antioxidants are mainly found in fruits and vegetables, marine plants, and some seafood that eat marine plants. There are thousands of antioxidant compounds out there, but the most common dietary ones are vitamins A, C, and E, beta-carotene, Selenium, flavonoids and Lignan. The natural form of antioxidants is the most wanted by the body but you can also find artificially produced form. When your body needs to put up its best defense, especially true in today's environment, antioxidants are crucial to your health.
- - Vit. E- nuts, whole grains, vegetables, liver oil,
- - Vit C – Citrus Fruits, Tomatoes, Green leafy vegetables, Strawberries,
- - Vit.A – Sweet potatoes, Cantaloupe, Broccoli, Squash, Carrots, Kale, Prunes,
- - Beta-Carotene – pumpkin, Sweet Potatoes, carrots, squash
- - Selenium – Brazil nuts, fish, red meat, grains, eggs, garlic
- - Flavonoids – soy, red wine, grapes, tea, blueberries, pomegranates
- - Lignan – flax seed, barley, oats
The following list of products I find very important to add to our diet:
- Goji Berries -a very rich source of vitamin C, A, B1, B2, B6 and E and contain a full complement of protein with 18 amino acids and 21 trace minerals. Most of all they are an excellent antioxidant making it an ideal natural whole food for reversing aging and protecting against disease
- Noni - has anti-tumor activity, anti-inflammatory properties, is effective as a pain reliever, generates cell repair and strengthens the immune system. Noni contains a multitude of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients.
- Coconut oil -Coconut oil supports healthy metabolic function and is a revered anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agent
- Apricot Pit- The essential ingredient has been called laetrile or vitamin B 17 linked to healing cancer cells naturally.
- Green Tea- It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants, it also contains minerals, L-Thianine known for stress reliever.
The Superfoods work on physical and nonphysical aspects of the human being. They impact our Body and our Mind by adding energy, vitality and health by influencing our well-being and immune system.
Superfood and antioxidants posses the elements of food and healing power of herbs. Superfoods can help you to heal many illnesses including cancer, allergies, insomnia, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart diseases.
Introducing superfoods into your diet is based on adding slowly new products on everyday basis. It is a very easy process. After a while your body will start craving good food and you will start avoiding foods that are no longer serving you. In this way you will get optimal weight for your body, your body will feel light, clean and energized.
All the superfoods should be consumed raw, without cooking.
Please comment, let me know what you think. Share with your friends!